Friday, October 26, 2007

The Mittleider Grow Box Gardening Method

In my quest for building a vegetable garden I was sent, by my mother, 4 books regarding a grow box gardening method, written by Dr.J.R. Mittleider. These books were recommended to my mother by her father, an avid lifelong gardener. He claims the results are nothing short of a miracle. Of course, I have to find out for myself, which is one of the reasons why I have built garden boxes (see previous post). Our soil in our yard is horrible, nothing but bald patches of crab grass survive and I knew that for a successful garden, I would need a tried and true method to control and maintain the soil quality and space so that our veggies have a chance of making it to our table.

The Mittleider Grow Box Method makes sense for small families, as well as, large villages. I was fascinated by what Jacob Mittleider was able to grow in areas of the world that are notorious for poor soil that leads to agricultural failure and eventually starvation. Just reading these books makes me a believer and I am definitely motivated to join the Mittleider Grow Box movement.

From what I have read, the Mittleider method of gardening has been proven to provide more abundant crops in less space ( several items grow upwards), fewer problems because you make and maintain the soil with minerals (shown in the books exactly what you need to buy, how much to make and where and when to put it) The books also provide so many tips, it gives beginning gardeners, like myself, hope in obtaining a garden that will give a family healthy organic produce to live on.

Watch my posts and follow along as I begin my Mittleider Grow Box journey.If you are interested, try it for yourself. You can buy the same book I am using right here on my blog. Also, check Rosies Links for further enlightenment.

192998202x Add to RightCart

No comments: